Dry - Wet - Semi-Dry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If it's a laminate suit, it's *suppose* to be dry.

If it's NOT dry it's worthless for diving anything but water where you don't need a wetsuit to begin with.

I think you are going about this backward. Rather than saying that this must work as exposure protection, a better approach would be to evaluate what conditions you dive in (like water temps), and what would suit those needs.

If you attempt to dive a drysuit that leaks in a cold water environment, you are going to get cold as they are designed to be worn with undergarments.

SCUBA_Morg:
Gordon Bay Marine sold it to me.. I didn't get riped off however. The material alone didn't cost as much as I paid for it. I think I bought it for something like $40..

http://www.gordonbay.com/

Referring back to your description, in which you claim it's a semi dry and then you claim it's something else, I will comment:

If it fits that sloppily it's a poorly fitted wetsuit

Even a "semi-dry" fits rather nicely. A 'semi-dry' is nothing more than a well sealed (but not completely dry) wet suit.

If it's a dry suit meant for SCUBA it should have an inflator mechanism (probably mounted on the chest) and a OP valve (mounted on the arm or shoulder area).

Bring the suit back and ask exactly what it is that you bought. Then make certain it's what you need and want for SCUBA DIVING.

Sounds like you may have a Bare 7mm. no zip extreme semi dry suit. they only made them for a couple of years. my oldest son has one. He has to undo the front velcro and flip back the attached vest. then climb in the through the hole in the back of the inner suit , then flip the vest back over his head and through the neck hole and velcro it back to the front of the suit.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom