dry vs semi dry?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I dive a Simi 7mm suit and have made 1h8m dive in 51* water and was fine other than my feet, but that was my fault for grabbing the wrong booties. I will be going Dry for the next suit.

I have a Aqualung SolAfx 8/7mm semi-dry and it is great in upper forties on up but I did get cold diving lake Superior with 41 degree temps. Gaffer

As we have said in earlier posts, the Aqualung SolAfx 8/7mm semi-dry is a great wetsuit. A 50D and 54D dive on the weekend was absolutely fine with the SolAfx.

Standing around on the surface on a cold day or multiple dives/multi day dives in the cold is where a drysuit would be a better choice.

I just tried my new Whites Fusion drysuit for the first time this past weekend and will not be using my 7mm anytime soon. I could barely feel the temp changes at the thermocline except for the exposed skin on my face. From now on, my way will be the dry way.

I just tried my new Whites Fusion drysuit for the first time this past weekend and will not be using my 7mm anytime soon. I could barely feel the temp changes at the thermocline except for the exposed skin on my face. From now on, my way will be the dry way.

My Fusion will be here tomorrow... I have long term plans for cold multidive/multiday dives.:D

I dive a Simi 7mm suit and have made 1h8m dive in 51* water and was fine other than my feet, but that was my fault for grabbing the wrong booties. I will be going Dry for the next suit.

Probably the best reason to go ahead with dry is quoted above. "I will be going Dry for the next suit."

Back
Top Bottom