Dry Suits, Self donning

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

swankenstein:
Now I feel like part of the group and I don't have to hang my head in shame, but I cringe when it gets near those barnacles.
There are cheap tri's for rec, and there are expensive tri's for wreck. Not all trilams are created equal. You can even get a quadlam for hazardous contaminated environments. The outer, or 3rd/4th layer, is the important protective layer. It can be made of different materials made for different types of environments. Zeagle's Expedition GS uses what they coin 'Gatorskin'. It's a tough plyable canvas that doesn't tear easy when in overhead environments. I'd take this type of suit anyday over a neoprene for it's toughness. But you're right, some trilams that work great for cruising the kelp forests won't stand up to barnacles.

So, who cares what is 'cool' or looks good. Just buy the neo or trilam that suits your diving needs.

what do u think of Sealite front-zip as compared to USIA front zip and Northern diver Cortex? any idea? if u had a choice of buying which one would u choose if offerred at d same price?

thx

sunkarm, I think your question might get much better answers if you started a specific thread about it. This particular thread is four years old, and addressed a different question.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom