Dry Suite (from CL)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nwcid

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am a new diver and where we live the max water temp I think is going to be 65* F with normal averages in the 50-60*F. Right now we are wearing 7mm full suites with 7mm outers and it has not been too bad but we have not stayed in that long yet either just practicing skills at shallow depth.

While we would like dry suites the $1000-$2000 each is just not in the budget right now especially with having to buy other gear still too.

Found this ad on CL, Atlan Drysuit and accessories and seems like a decent price for a "starter" suit. Problem is I have no idea if it is a waste of money to get something like this or how to check and see if it needs $$$ work to even use it. Can anyone comment or link me to a post that has that kind of info in it. The semi good news is I think I know the guy selling it and am going to call in a couple hours when I am free.

Thanks

I nwould wait and get more diving in befor I spent the money on a dry suit . There are a lot more things to kep in mind and controle above all the things you are learning and mastering. It is a lot more task loading all at once . Not to say it can't be done . I would just get a lot mor comfortable diving be fore adding all the new dry suit skills to master . thing can realy go wrong real quick in a dry suit . And I would try some diferant suits to see what type and style sute you like most I dive a twin shell trylam suit .I can very my under garmet to soot the water temps I will be diving.. some have front zip and some back zip . back zip you need some one to help you zip it up as the front you can do it your self . there are a lot of things to keep in mind . So if you are going to invest a good chunk of money on one know you will like diving in it . All so if posible test dive it before you buy good luck .when you go dry it is real hard to go back wet

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom