Dry suit which to go for

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In the UK, you’d probably go for one of these:
- Seaskin
- Otter
- O’three
- Hammond

If you go to the Dive Show in March you may get a discount if you go to one of these manufacturers stand and ask for one. You may be able to get measured on the day too.

When in March is the show and where will it be held
Predator UK
Predator unfortunately to far away from me as I'm north of Manchester

They do digital fittings don’t they. I did one with SF Tech and that commute would be miserable.

I'd rather be able to get to local dive store shop if anything went wrong than sending by post
So I'd rather get a suit from a shop local like Hollis DUI fourth element etc
Than from a place I'd have to spend a day of driving to get to
I'm looking at otter suits also but I'm more leaning to Hollis have looked Santi and DUI nice suits but very pricey
I'm not wanting a cheap suit I'm after something that will grow as I progress into tech and may go on to to training if I can get there
But for now looking for a long lasting suit that able to with stand cold water wreck and may do a bit of cave diving also

When in March is the show and where will it be held

Predator unfortunately to far away from me as I'm north of Manchester
Click on the link I gave you details are on their website.

Saturday/Sunday 5/6 March.

For a drysuit, IMHO it’s common to send them for repairs or to use a local drysuit maker for standard repairs.

For example, if your suit is out of warranty, and you live close to Hammond, you could ask them to do a pressure test on your drysuit to fix leaks or you can just post your drysuit to your manufacturer to get it fixed.

About wanting a suit that can grow with you: there is one issue I had encountered. When I bought my first drysuit, it was cut too tight in the arms and shoulder, and that hampered me for doing shutdowns.

Of course, I didn’t realise this until I had to do them. That’s one issue with buying equipment and wanting it to be future proof: you won’t know actually until you need to use it for that purpose or you’d need some kind of help from a tech instructor or friend who would know.

Go to Otter and talk to them about your needs. Their customer service is superb and they will advise you on your best options. Well worth the trip from Manchester to Bradford. It's about the same distance for me from Sheffield.

I have an Otter Brittanic mk2 and it's been bomb proof. I bought it new about 5 years ago and it looks almost as good as new.

These drysuit manufacturers will be there:
- Hammond
- Otter
- O’three
- 4th element
- Santi

Before covid they were always taking measurements and orders if you asked. They also had samples of all their range so you could see and compare.

If unsure, ring them and ask them now if they will take orders at the show and have sample drysuits to see?

Don’t forget to ask if they could make you a price or give you freebies/discount on an undersuit or accessories. They usually are a bit more generous at the dive show.

Go to Otter and talk to them about your needs. Their customer service is superb and they will advise you on your best options. Well worth the trip from Manchester to Bradford. It's about the same distance for me from Sheffield.

I have an Otter Brittanic mk2 and it's been bomb proof. I bought it new about 5 years ago and it looks almost as good as new.
I shall have a look and go see them when I've got some free time
I've still got me try dive to do when I get to book with BSAC hopefully in may around my birthday and if I like the experience then I will start saving for my stuff
I want good quality gear that is going last so would rather save a bit longer but buying quality gear is my way to go. Everything will be new as don't want take chances on second hand gear as my life does depend on the gear like all scuba divers ☺️

These drysuit manufacturers will be there:
- Hammond
- Otter
- O’three
- 4th element
- Santi

Before covid they were always taking measurements and orders if you asked. They also had samples of all their range so you could see and compare.

If unsure, ring them and ask them now if they will take orders at the show and have sample drysuits to see?

Don’t forget to ask if they could make you a price or give you freebies/discount on an undersuit or accessories. They usually are a bit more generous at the dive show.
Thanks for the link had a look but unfortunately I'm working on the Saturday of the show and Sunday I need sleep as I do long hours
But will go look at otter and O3 when I get time
I'm wanting front entry drysuit only as easier to fasten so not having to rely or ask someone when out diving

I've been currently looking at the Hollis dx300x and fourth element dry suit
As I will be mainly diving in UK as can't afford diving holidays abroad
Which dry suit would you choose and why
Want something that can handle lot of diving and can grow with me as want to get into technical diving at some point

I always thought Typhoon was the "go to" brand for the UK.

-Z

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom