dry suit vs wing nuts

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ScubaTwo

Reaction score
Hubby got me a new bp/w for christmas. :D I will be using it with my drysuit for the first time this spring. Is there any concern with the wing nut on the top bolt poking holes in the drysuit? If there is , any tips on how to prevent this? The bottom bolt is covered with the MC storage pack. Thank you in advance for any advice.

I recommend the thumbwheels also. Lock washers are not supposed to be needed with them but I use them out of paranoia. They've worked great on boat and shore dives and are much easier/more comfortable for checking for finger tightness.

The wingnuts and bolts shouldn't be long enough to touch your suit.
If you still feel uncomfortable with the bolt ends anyway,you can get a nylon insert acorn "cap" nut at the hardware store to screw it over the end.
(Stainless of course...)

Thank you guys for setting my mind at ease. I might look into those thumbwheel doodads though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom