Dry suit questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chanly83

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
the owner of my local shop is getting rid of his Waterproof D1 Hybrid. What came in the original box, minus the box, $1300 out the door. Everything looks to be in good working order and he keeps immaculate care of his equipment so I am not really worried there. Before someone says MY money would be better spent on a Shearwater, I talked to him about ordering a Teric or Perdix for me, I can’t decide which. Back to the matter at hand, the suit is awesome and warm and dry but the boots are a bit large for me. Is there something I can do about that? It will be my main dive suit. Living in Wisconsin and being a hour from the Great Lakes and not enjoying being cold, it would be perfect. My trips to the tropics I am looking into a Waterproof W3. He also mentioned a SEAC neoprene dry suit but I like the build quality of the waterproof. I guess I am asking the community am I supposed to feel like I am swimming around in a oversized snow suit with a rather uncomfortable liner?

Of course you can do something about the boots. Are they a bit too big or really big? If just a bit that means you can wear extra socks and tootsies stay warm. If really big, they can be changed for smaller ones.

How far behind the Cheddar Curtain are you? DRIS in the SW burbs of Chicago can easily change the boots out for you.

I am close enough to Chicago that my ride on home 90 is about 50% Illinois plates and 50% Wisconsin so that is always a option. 2 pairs of thick socks would probably do the trick. I just don’t feel like sweating my tootsies off! I just didn’t know you could change the boots out. Now I feel better about the purchase. As long as I can get over the feeling of being a floating stay puff man it would be great!

What about dry glove systems? They all basically same design just different paint job or are there some the really stand out?

What about dry glove systems? They all basically same design just different paint job or are there some the really stand out?

Depends on your suit - round or oval rings? Or you can just get pullover gloves if you already have hard cuff rings. I like the ring systems. Does your suit have replaceable silicone seals?

So many new things to learn! Yes the seals are replaceable.

That is a good question, I have no clue.

Round are easier to use if you have a integrated seal system but a pullover glove would work with both an oval or round system.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom