Dry suit questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here’s something to consider with drysuits. They are not made to fit. What I mean by that is they are a generic square cut. Shoulders through the hips are straight for men. Women’s drysuits have a curve to them. A person in a more muscular build will have a very roomy midsectioned suit. Chest and shoulders will fill in fine and so will legs. Midsection is not your biggest size point.
I for example have been asking advice on a purchase I made on a WP D10. I got an XXL. I Wanted room for undergarments as well as fit enough to dive without undergarments. Crushed neoprene suit.
6’1”
195lbs
46” chest
32” waste
26” quads (not thighs)
43” hips
When I check my sizes to manufacturer size charts, my waste size is always way up the chart. Small
Compared to the rest of me that runs XL to XXL. It’s said to have more room than not in a drysuit because of how the air keeps you warm as in circulates through the suit. To big however, causes trim issues as the air inside can catch into extra material due to an oversized area. Lots of guys just say get a custom fit.
WP are solid made. I like the D10 and ScubaPro’s Everdry.
My ScubaPro Everdry is an XL and gets tight with thin fleece undergarments. Temps at 35-40 degrees I like undergarments.
My situation dictates having a cold temp dive suit and a suit for not cold.

So I dove the suit yesterday and I loved it! It started out bad because I couldn’t have any air in the suit then I was able to get down around twenty feet and was able to air up and get rid of the compression. The boots are still a little large, 11-12.5 and I am a 10. But I feel for the price I am getting it at I am ok investing 200ish into a dry glove system, 30 or so for the suspenders and down the road 200 to 300 for new boots. I would still come in under $2000.

Depends on your suit - round or oval rings? Or you can just get pullover gloves if you already have hard cuff rings. I like the ring systems. Does your suit have replaceable silicone seals?

Any recommendations on pullover gloves? Maybe I'm searching for the wrong thing.

I put the Si-tech oval rings on my suit and am looking for something simple.

Thanks!

Any recommendations on pullover gloves? Maybe I'm searching for the wrong thing.

I put the Si-tech oval rings on my suit and am looking for something simple.

Thanks!

I don’t know if the pullover gloves with work with the oval rings. Buy some pullover gloves and try. DRIS used to have less expensive pullover gloves but these are the only ones I’m currently finding on their website. 5 Finger Rubber Gloves Long

Might want to call or email DRIS to see if the pullover gloves will work with the SiTech oval rings n

How big is your hand? That's biggest question on if you can do pullover with the oval. We are working on a pullover system for oval, but it might be a few months before it's released.

Fits through the oval ring no problem. Typically a large or XL for winter gloves. Traveling this week so can't measure them, but if you can post some rough guidelines I can see how I'd fit when I get back. Thanks!

Pullover won't work well with just the oval right now. Unless you buy this, and install it over the oval system, like around it. Just the outer rubber piece, it will shape to be oval, and allow it:
Rubber Pullover Dry Glove Rings

Best glove and ring system I have found are Kubi's. Nothing else is even close.

Not cheap, but mine have been SO worth it! Getting close to 3 years, I think, and never a leak or malfunction. Well, except for one dive after I finally got a pinhole in the rubber glove. That's 88 dives in a drysuit, mostly with Kubi dry gloves, and no wet hands.

Change the o-ring seals from time to time and they will never wear out. Best system so far those Kubi's.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom