Dry Suit - Need Recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with try try try before you buy. And not just try one type of suit try as many as possible. My first was a trilam as i wanted the strength and durability around wrecks. It comes with a trade off of loss of flexibility. I was also lucky to get to try a few DUIs as well.

I got to dive a whites fusion a little while back while mine was in the shop for ripped seals. I was SHOCKED with the difference. I have since sold my other one and bought a whites for myself and my GF. She used to tolerate diving dry with other suits but with the whites she does not mind at all. Diving the whites fusion takes little more effort than diving a traditional wetsuit (just remember not to pee).

Try as many as possible. It will help you understand the differences. Everyone has an opinion but in the end it is your suit (attached boots vs rock shoes vs chuck taylors). Just make sure the fusion is on your list to try. ALso dive it last and you will understand how great it really is.

Jimmy

I'll add my vote for the Fusion. My lovely bride loves hers.

I'm diving in a custom SeaSoft Tx3 and can't say enough good things about it. I've tried other suits but find for ease of use and comfort this suit can't be topped.
That being said, I'd suggest you take a dry suit speciality course and try a few different suits before you buy. There are a lot of options and you do need to find the right gear for you.

Depends on your particular needs and wants. For a fast drying light suit the DUI TLS350 is nice. The DUI CLX is a bit tougher and there CF model is the toughest and warmest. I have had very good experience with DUI service.

I'm impressed with Bare suits and have some nice suits.

I tried a Whites dry suit and just did not like the the feel of the suit. It is one of the best for streamline design. Some people love the White dry suit.

Zippers for all the dry suits are a weak point and expensive to replace.

It is personal preference.

I have the Scubapro Fusion which is pretty good. havent used it much as its to warm for that atm. But in the middle of winter it will get a good work out. Im told its made by Whites for Scubapro.

Cheers Joel

To all who have responded, I've taken a dry suit certification, own a old dry suit from the late 80's, darn thing shrunk while it's been in storage.

To all who have responded, I've taken a dry suit certification, own a old dry suit from the late 80's, darn thing shrunk while it's been in storage.

I have a bunch of wet suits that shrunk over the years... but for some reason only around the middle and not in length....go figure

I too, have a Evolution 2. That being said, I think that the overall quality of dive gear these days is so good that any brand name will do the job well- kind of like Regulators- they all work pretty well, quality ones just cost more because they were more expensive to make in the first place.

I didn't have to give up my first born and have a pretty darn good product.

The demo days comment was a good one. You can try several on the same day and go from there.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom