Dry suit neck seal replacement

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

nessmiller

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Folks,
I own a Dive Rite 905 dry suit and I think that I have to repalce the neck seal as it is starting to corrode in a few places. My LDS suggests that I may have inadvertently gotten gasoline on it as my wife and I have just started diving from our inflatable boat. Naturally, I can now vividly remember disconnecting the fuel line from the outboard, getting some gas on my hands, and then taking off the suit. Arrgh!
My question is, is this something I should send back to the manufacturer or have it handled locally? Both DUI and Diving Concepts are reasonably close, but I don't know if they handle the seals for this suit. I'm going to e-mail Dive Rite and see what they say to do. By the way, it sounds like it will run me around $150.00 to get the neck seal replaced. I have been much happier at other points in my life.

Thanks,

Steve

Wow, sounds like alot of money for a neck seal. Any repair shop should be able to handle it. DUI is good, and they accept most any suit for repairs. They do charge a premium for their service, however. If you dont mind shipping the suit out to someone, I can give you some names and addresses...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom