Dry suit may leak ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

passeparici

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just bought a neoprene dry suit and it has those folds on the neoprene collar. I am afraid it might leak (I have not tested it yet). Should I fill those folds with something like the Cressi cement. It is normaly a glue but I found out it seems to be ok to fill a hole with it. Has someone experience something like that and that leaked ? (I know I will soon know it when I try)
collerette.jpg
cressi cement.jpg

I wouldn’t fill them, they usually flatten in use. The picture looks like the seal is very short, it really doesn’t look like you could get enough roll under to seal.

It may be the camera angle, but that collar looks like it has been trimmed to be much longer on the right side of the photo than the left. It should be about the same length all the way around. Is there enough left to tuck in on your neck? It should be worn tucked in like a reverse turtleneck. If not it will not seal.

I'd definitely give it a test in a pool or an easy, shallow shore dive before making any changes.

I wouldn't do anything to it, except test dive it. The wrinkles are normal and won't be the source of any leaks.

It may be the camera angle, but that collar looks like it has been trimmed to be much longer on the right side of the photo than the left. It should be about the same length all the way around. Is there enough left to tuck in on your neck? It should be worn tucked in like a reverse turtleneck. If not it will not seal.

I'd definitely give it a test in a pool or an easy, shallow shore dive before making any changes.
Looks like the suit has neck dam, which makes the seal look short.

What is neck dam ? (English is not my mother tong )
C'est l'anneau de néoprène qui encercle votre joint de cou.

-Z

I only use neoprene dry suit seals. If it’s the right size it will seal. My neck seal in the picture. Don’t put anything on it except seal slip. Roll in about 30mm.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpeg
    IMG_0005.jpeg
    88.9 KB · Views: 53
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom