Dry suit interior seams grippy

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Lerby

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a cf200 which is nice and fitted. With a heavy 400g undergarment, I find the (factory) aqua sealed seams really grip the undergarment and make it difficult and frustrating to get the suit on. If I put a little talc on the seams then it’s great, but talc easily comes off. I’m thinking I might put a strip of duck tape over the last 12” of the seams in the sleeves and legs for a more permanent solution. Is there anything wrong with putting duck tape on aqua sealed seams? Or has anyone else solved this somehow?

I would avoid putting duct tape on it. Your just going to have a sticky residue mess latter one in life as the tape starts to peal off.

What I would try, but don't hold me to this as I have never owned a neoprene dry suit so I don't know a lot about the care for them but maybe get some seam tape like what is used on tri-lam suites and apply that over your seams. It has kind of a plastic texture too it so its smooth and worst case all it does is make your seams "supper sealed" But like I said never done this be for so might be a bad idea but in my mind it would work.

You can find this tape at your LDS if they sell tri-lam suites then they might have it in stock if not any outdoor store like REI, EMS etc for sure has it or im sure Amazon has it. same tape used in Gore-Tex rain jackets etc.

I have a cf200 which is nice and fitted. With a heavy 400g undergarment, I find the (factory) aqua sealed seams really grip the undergarment and make it difficult and frustrating to get the suit on. If I put a little talc on the seams then it’s great, but talc easily comes off. I’m thinking I might put a strip of duck tape over the last 12” of the seams in the sleeves and legs for a more permanent solution. Is there anything wrong with putting duck tape on aqua sealed seams? Or has anyone else solved this somehow?

Why not communicate with DUI directly and ask for their advice??

Solve your problem by dusting the interior of the suit with non-scented talcum powder. That makes it much easier to slide into and out of the suit. You only have to do this when the suit starts getting ‘grabby’.

Solve your problem by dusting the interior of the suit with non-scented talcum powder. That makes it much easier to slide into and out of the suit. You only have to do this when the suit starts getting ‘grabby’.
^what he said, I'll second this.

Back
Top Bottom