Dry suit - if money was no object!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If money is no issue, I will probably go with Santi. But I have to emphasize that I have never dived one, but from looking at it at dive shop, the build quality, fit and finish is superior to DUI.

Santi isn't even that much more expensive, and they seem to be great suits. Dove a Diving Concepts trilam for about 9 years, finally replacing it this year. Dove the Santi E.Space (entry level suit) and loved it, could have bought that rental (in good shape) for $1600, but opted to order a new E.Motion ($2950). In addition to being very light for a pretty durable trilam suit, the pockets are very well designed, much better than the ones on my old suit with options for bungee loops with or without metal rings, heavy secure flaps, extra spaces, etc...

Hated the Fusion, but that might be just me (I don't like snug fitting suits) - I know that a lot of people swear by them.

M

Another vote for the Fusion. Have a trilam suit (Whites Catalyst) that I have not used in several years now. Fusion is slightly harder to get into - if you are wearing lots of undergarments the calves bind and it is hard to get on. Personally don't have that problem in a serious way, but if I was wearing slightly more or was just a tiny bit bigger in the calves I could see it causing a significant problem. Once the calves are in I find it easier than any other drysuit I have tried to get in and out of. I dive solo so can easily zip and unzip myself - nice when you are running for the head at the end of a dive.:wink:

As a travel suit can't be beat - drys fast and is very light and relatively not bulky. You can take only the layers you need for warmth in that location.

I find it particularly streamlined and comfortable in the water. To me it feels like diving a wetsuit, whereas my trilam Catalyst feels like I am swimming a brick through the water.

I only have 100 or so dives on it as the majority of my diving is tropical but so far very durable. Did have to replace the wrist seals - not sure what the caused them to fail, but both wrists failed at the same time. Think likely it had something to do with where it was stored at some point as I have not heard anyone else have similar issues with these seals.

If this Santi suit is so fabulous how come me and no one I know nor any dive shop in SoCal has ever heard of it?

---------- Post Merged at 07:44 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 07:36 PM ----------

Check that. Not that no one has not heard of Santi. It's just that no one I know owns one. And besides only three years guarantee. What's the big deal with them? Everyone raves about DUI. I'm looking at new DS as well

Better yet. Look at Santi videos on YouTube. All you need to know. A Polish manufacturer!! With one US distributor in NJ! Are you kidding me! You can get a US made in San Diego! DUI. I'm buying one tomorrow. Santi. Right!

You know, I don't own a Santi suit, but I have a bunch of friends who have them, and most of the suits have been trouble-free, and service on the one that I know of that had a boot leak issue was handled fairly well, even though at the time, the company was in transition between US distributors. I agree that a suit made overseas, with limited US distribution, looks pretty dicey, but it hasn't seemed to be a problem in reality. I'd be seriously looking at the new Santi, if I could come up with a reason why my Fusions weren't working for me :)

Must be a lot of Scuba divers in Poland. I'll stick with US made products whenever possible

I don't know -- my experience with DC with a custom suit was a complete nightmare, and I would never recommend anyone consider a custom suit from them.

Since money is not a problem and you are looking at 2 very good brands, go with what you like/fancy! It's really that simple, both are going to give you what you need, both are going to take the same "abuse" (zebra mussels), thus pick what you like.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom