Dry Suit Fit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DrRobb

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
After a visit to a LDS to try on a dry suit I have a few questions that remain unanswered. The main question is about fit. From the DUI website all of my measurements put me in a medium TLS 350. I tried one on in the shop and it seemed like a good fit over normal street clothes with room to spare around the waist. The guy in the shop seemed to think it was too small and suggested a large. I tried a large suit ot DUI DOG days and it seemed too big for me, but I was unable to dive a medium. The large seemed way too big in the shop. So how should the drysuit fit.. I'm not planning on any 400g underwear Probably max 200g. Can some of you hardcore DS divers give me some fit tips?

DrRobb

DrRobb:
After a visit to a LDS to try on a dry suit I have a few questions that remain unanswered. The main question is about fit. From the DUI website all of my measurements put me in a medium TLS 350. I tried one on in the shop and it seemed like a good fit over normal street clothes with room to spare around the waist. The guy in the shop seemed to think it was too small and suggested a large. I tried a large suit ot DUI DOG days and it seemed too big for me, but I was unable to dive a medium. The large seemed way too big in the shop. So how should the drysuit fit.. I'm not planning on any 400g underwear Probably max 200g. Can some of you hardcore DS divers give me some fit tips?

DrRobb

I also fit a stock medium TLS350. The measurements that DUI lists on their site factor in the use of undergarments. I wear a polypro t-shirt under 300wt SoftWear Fleece and feel very comfortable.

Fit is extremely important, you said you tried on a medium at the LDS, how did it feel around the shoulders, etc.? Are you able to reach back to where your valves would be to adjust them? You don't want a suit that is extremely bagy on you, just more places for air to get trapped.

There probably wouldn't be a reason for the guy at the LDS to steer you away from the medium unless he thought it was truly too small for you. I would try and get a dive in with a medium stock suit if I were you, before plunking down the big cash for a custom suit.

Mel
PADI Rescue Diver/Nitrox

Have someone who knows how to fit a drysuit measure you. Dive shops are notorious for lously sizing. Many end up with suits that fit like a potato sack. There are a few people out there who can do it correctly, but not many.

DrRobb:

DrRobb

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom