Dry Suit Exhaust Valve........where's best?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

melfox26

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I'm in the process of purchasing a drysuit. Those of you that dive dry, is your exhaust valve on your upper arm near your shoulder or near your wrist? I know it comes standard for the valve to be near the shoulder but I've heard that it's better for it to be near the wrist for easier venting. What's your take on this?

Mel

The two common options are an auto dump on the shoulder or a lift dump near the wrist.

An auto dump will dump air automatically as long as your shoulder is the highest point a lift dump will dump air when you raise your arm.

I found the lift dump easier to start with as it is a positive action and a lot like using a BCD dump. I found having to wiggle my shoulder to make sure it was high a bit un-natural initially. Now i am more used to it is definitely the better option. You will also get a damp patch on your arm with a lift dump.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom