dry suit diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I found a weight belt seem to make me want to go real bad after a dive. I switch to a belt with harness and I hardly ever feel that way any more.

*sigh* I guess I've got to be the one to admit it.... Yes, I do pee in wetsuits. And yes, once I surfaced after a great drysuit dive and then wondered, "Why did I just get the wonderfaul warm feeling, but only to my waist?"

Believe me, it's a lot easier to convince other divers that the bottom half of your wetsuit is wet because of the water...

I will never, ever, ever, ever go diving anywhere that is cold enough that I will need a drysuit. As far as I'm concerned it diminishes the whole idea of scuba diving. That is "GETTING WET".

I used to think the same but got tired of freezing my nads. Faced with sitting out January/February/March again, I got a dry suit 2 years ago and view it as a neccesary evil. I find the cold keeps the warm water wussies away from the good sites and viz is usually much better during the winter. I switch back to wet as soon as the water warms up enough.

*edited to correct spelling of "wussies"

you wouldn't think that you'd need a drysuit in Fla. but this time of year the water is anywhere from 68-74 and if you're used to diving in 82+, it's too cold. Especially if you have the air for 60 mins, 2 tanks and all. But that's how it is. Thanks for the reply.

If you have frequent, strong, sudden urges to go to the bathroom, you're not alone. Like 1 in 6 men and women in the US, you may have overactive bladder (OAB). But rather than just live with the symptoms—and the worry they cause- talk to your doc about Detrol LA . I swear they have a pill for every thing. I pop a Detrol before and a FloMAX after.LOL

Who needs a wee wee valve ? Detrol La before Flomax after.Dryer diving through science.

you wouldn't think that you'd need a drysuit in Fla. but this time of year the water is anywhere from 68-74 and if you're used to diving in 82+, it's too cold.

Man, everything is perspective. Here in PEI, the WARMEST days of the year might see water hitting 68-70 degrees Farenheit...MAYBE. And that's shallow; go deeper, you hit thermoclines fast. So when I hear "68-74" I'm thinking it sounds positively BALMY, not cold. I put the drysuit away and start going wet once we top 58-60. Admittedly, my wetsuit is a 6 mm Arctic with a vest-hood, not a 3 mm skin suit, but still.

You want cold? Try 38 degrees with ice cakes floating in the water.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom