dry suit diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been a dry suit diver for around nine years and my average dive time is around 60 minutes. Plenty of bottom time for me ( being in the NorthEast).

I've never had a problem with having to go so badly that I had to call a dive early:D. But as I'm getting older the "P" valve is something I'm lookng into.

Looking backing, if somebody had spoken to me about a "P" valve the day I got my first suit, I'd would have had one put in.

So, if you got the money, and the nerve to ask somebody to "walk" :confused:you through using it, did it. Then you'll always have it.

Mike

P valve, p valve, p valve. Oop, I gotta go.

And they do make them for women.

I've never heard of a female version of the P valve

Actually there is one. It's called the She-p and it's getting some good reviews in a thread over at the Decostop.

I will never ever ever be without a p-valve again. I can dive well hydrated and I don't have to worry about ending a dive in misery. I don't care how tough you think you are, having to pee and facing a long deco obligation or a time consuming exit from the water...not fun at all.:shakehead:

Actually there is one. It's called the She-p and it's getting some good reviews in a thread over at the Decostop.

I will never ever ever be without a p-valve again. I can dive well hydrated and I don't have to worry about ending a dive in misery. I don't care how tough you think you are, having to pee and facing a long deco obligation or a time consuming exit from the water...not fun at all.:shakehead:

Must be new, I'll spread the word to girl divers I know.

I will never, ever, ever, ever go diving anywhere that is cold enough that I will need a drysuit. As far as I'm concerned it diminishes the whole idea of scuba diving. That is "GETTING WET". I am more than willing to pay the airfare, car rental and motel costs to go where it is warm. The warmer the water the better as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, at one time I was interested in the pee valve but I found out that they don't make a condom attachment in my size. I got a sample from the makers of the pee valves. They sent a small, medium and large and none of them fit (Don't ask. It's too embarrassing.). That was before I realized that it was OK to pee in a wetsuit. Just head into the current, pull it open at the neck and feel it roll out at your ankles. A warm and fuzzy feeling fershure. I also found out that you can clean your wetsuit in a washing machine. Just put it on gentle/short cycle with a little soap and hang it up to dry. Works for me.

I would not think you would need a drysuit in S Florida where the water temps are 79+ degrees but one time when I was down on Key Largo diving the Duane wreck a very lean young lady came up from the dive completley shivering and her lips were blue. As for your delema I would also suggest you look into a P valve.

i wear a depends everytime. EVERYTIME.

Its there if i need it. There are a lot of reasons why you shouldn't hold it - aside from the obvious discomfort. I dont mind wearing them. Its a little embarssing changing your own depends in a public bathroom stall at a park full of little kids, or drunk college students (ginnie).

Even if bottome time is only 60 minutes, what about the time before and after 'bottom time'.

I am very interested in looking into she-p. :wink:

I actually had a relief zipper installed. I can now go pee on the surface without peeling off anything at all. I just unzip, do my thing, and rezip... works VERY well. I just make sure I go before the dive if I even THINK I may have to go. It has been working like a charm for the last 6 months...

JimKerr: Two weeks ago the bottom temp on the Eagle was 68. A little chilly but a guy I bump into often while diving off Islamorada was diving in swimming trunks only. With the wind, the 68-year-old was donning a hooded sweat during the SI. Fershure, I saw some goose bumps but he wouldn't admit that he was cold.

Back
Top Bottom