Dry suit decision

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Paleface

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I am interested in the Hollis bio dry fx100 and the Pinnacle evolution 2. Please help me with any info,the good and bad. Thanks Keith

How about telling us what you're planning to do with the drysuit?

Different suits work better in different environments.

I have the Evolution 2 and I love it. Of course it is a bit bulky but the shell is very durable and that works well for me as I'm interested in wreck diving.

I need a good all around suit for cold water. I am a new diver that is interested in spear fishing and wreck diving in the mid atlantic and also quarry diving.

I have an Evo 2 also. Works well for me but is heavy/bulky, built like a tank.

The hollis is definetly a sweet looking suit.

For Drysuit I use the Bare tri-lam HD tech Dry and it is awesome.

BARE Scuba Diving - USA

tri-hdtd-blu.gif

nice suit!! Like the color, but ove DUI

I have to get a new suit myself and I am going with D.U.I. CLX450 SE

CLX450 SE with the following options:
2 bellows pockets
CF200 Knee pads
P-Valve
Turbo Soles
* Main reson for shoulder entry - higher zipper reliability
* We sell DiveRite, Bare, and Whites as well. IMO, the main reason for D.U.I. is Turbo Soles (boots). The Turbo Soles provide better ankle mobility which helps with more efficiant finning (Frog, Modified Frog, Reverse kicking, etc..).

If I wasn't going with the D.U.I. then I would pick the BARE Trilam HD.

I own a Pinnacle Freedom 2 its alot like the Evo 2 only not as bulky. It is a trilaminate suit and very durable. Front entry, I have no complaints.

I have the Evolution 2 and am very happy with it. I did look at the suits by DUI, Pinnacle, and Bare. The Pinnacle seemed to be put together in a "bulletproof" manner and I got a great price on it. Yes it is a bit bulky and heavy, but that feeling goes away once you are in the water.

Thanks very much for the replies. Does anyone own or have any experience with the Hollis fx100???

Back
Top Bottom