Dry suit class availablility in Monterey?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've got 9/11-12 marked on my calendar as DUI's Monterey weekend. I missed the White's earlier this year.

:crying: It figures!!! I can't seem to get my schedule married up with any of these guys!

If staying in downtown Monterey as stated, try a local Monterey dive shop.

Aquarius Dive Shop
Bamboo Reef
Glenn's Aquarius II

Do a quick google search from "Monterey Scuba" to get the complete list but these are the major players who might be able to help. I know a couple of these shops do dry suit specialty classes.

If looking for a demo, try some of the above suggestions.

Aquarius II doesn't rent drysuits.

Bamboo Reef Monterey rents Fusions:

Store Locations | Bamboo Reef Scuba Diving Centers

Aquarius rents Diving Concepts suits,

http://www.aquariusdivers.com/drysuit.htm

for classes or dives with an DM/guide only if you're thinking of buying. No one's going to rent you a drysuit without a dry suit cert, but since you're interested in taking the class that's no problem.

Bamboo Reef is slightly closer to your hotel than Aquarius (the hotel's right downtown close to Fisherman's Wharf), but since you'll probably need a car anyway to carry your gear that's not critical. Although you could walk to Bamboo Reef from your hotel (20-30 min.) or take a bus if you didn't have a car, and from there to McAbee beach ( 2-3 blocks) if they hauled your tanks and gear for you. If you've got your heart set on trying a Fusion, then Bamboo Reef is it in Monterey.

Guy

Last edited:
Sounds like it depends on what type of drysuit you want to try. Both stores will offer good customer service.

Personally I am partial to the Fusion.

Aquarius II doesn't rent drysuits.

Bamboo Reef Monterey rents Fusions:

Store Locations | Bamboo Reef Scuba Diving Centers

Aquarius rents Diving Concepts suits,

http://www.aquariusdivers.com/drysuit.html

for classes or dives with an DM/guide only if you're thinking of buying. No one's going to rent you a drysuit without a dry suit cert, but since you're interested in taking the class that's no problem.

Bamboo Reef is slightly closer to your hotel than Aquarius (the hotel's right downtown close to Fisherman's Wharf), but since you'll probably need a car anyway to carry your gear that's not critical. Although you could walk to Bamboo Reef from your hotel (20-30 min.) or take a bus if you didn't have a car, and from there to McAbee beach ( 2-3 blocks) if they hauled your tanks and gear for you. If you've got your heart set on trying a Fusion, then Bamboo Reef is it in Monterey.

Guy

thanks.gif

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom