Dry Suit Choice

DUI or Diving Concepts Dry Suits for Tech and Cave diving?

• What are other options to DUI or Diving Concepts?

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Why or Why not DUI?

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • Why or Why not Diving Concepts?

• Are there any weight considerations?

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Is DUI TLS appropriate for cave or tech diving?

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Is Flex 50/50 appropriate for cave or tech diving?

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • Are intergrated pockets better? Why or Why not?

• Is crushed neoprene better for this type of diving?

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DIR Tech Diver,

Thanks for the reply from Finland.

I did go with the DUI. Thanks to all the input from everyone.

I'm selling my Gates VSNPro1100 to help fund this little shopping spree of mine. Most of my buddies are frothing at the mouth (even though they have their own DUI's) at the thought of someone getting new gear let alone a new DUI. You'd think it was like wearing a Versace gown or something except you can't wear a pair of pumps with a dry suit (you'd have to be a chick to understand that one...It's a good thing). Or, maybe not???

Anyway, my DIRF class is the end of this month and sadly the DUI won't be ready as I had to go custom $$$. I'm taking DIR Cave1 down in Akumal, Mx the end of Oct. (There is one spot open if any one is interested. The price goes down if you have a team of 3. Visit the site below for details.) and have a bit more items to add to my pelican case (anyone know a good mortgage broker).

I'm just getting into all of this and trying to absorb as much as I can. If you dive cold water, what manifold and regs (primary, backup and stage) are you using? Were they GI certified?

http://www.dir-mexico.com/home.htm

I am planning to head to Mexico in June. Let me know how it is!

Welp, I guess how I can see that could have been taken out of context. I was referring to DIRTech comment about letting him know how Mx. is. It's all good...:D

Annie -

Are you referring to MHK's So Cal DIR/F class at the end of March? Avalon, the whole 9? Several of us So Cal Boarders (Borders..?) are going to that class. If that's it, see you there!

K

Glad you went with the DUI - you'll LOVE it. Which one did you roll with?

longraven once bubbled...
Welp, I guess how I can see that could have been taken out of context. I was referring to DIRTech comment about letting him know how Mx. is. It's all good...:D

Actually the "wild image" had nothing to do with Mexico, that was accidentally left in when I quoted your post.... it's the hot chick in a drysuit with pumps on that... uhh nevermind... :wink:

WYDT

The pumps might go nicely with a single tank ensamble, but once I graduate to doubles I'll have to trade in for a pair of jets.

Take care and keep laughing...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom