Dry spell? What are you doing to keep your passion for diving when you can't dive?

Dry spell? What are you doing to to keep your dive passion alive?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mselenaous

Island girl
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Key Largo, FL... Dive Capital of the World
# of dives
I just don't log dives
Weather dampening your diving? Now is a great time to visit your Local Dive Shop for gear servicing, check out their sales and specials, take a class to add to your skills, plan your next diving getaway or first spring thaw dive outing. What are you doing to keep your passion for diving when you can't dive?

What are you doing to keep your passion for diving when you can't dive?

Talking about it on ScubaBoard ... of course ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Uhhhhhh.....living in S. Fl, there is no such thing as not being able to dive, except the infrequent weekends of wave height that will not permit the boats out. 5-7'???? Piece of cake for die hards! If the boats will go, the people will follow. :D

well now that the water has become hard...i help out with pool classes and such and am taking a class or two....other than that....just BSing with others either on the internet or in person.

I refuse to think of it as a dry spell. Yeah, the storms hitting socal are pretty brutal, conditions look ugly....but my last dive was on Sunday and I expect my next dive to be on Saturday (so I guess that does mean I miss my normal weekly night dive, but one missed dive does not a dry spell make :wink:).

That said, I'm reading forums, planning my next dive, and even planning my next class (off to call the instructor now :D).

I pretty much had to dive to get to my car for lunch. Does that count?

That said, I'm ... planning my next class (off to call the instructor now :D).

Do tell.

Often times, when I start "jonesing" for a dive, I find myself trolling the web for diving videos to get me through.

Weather dampening your diving? Now is a great time to visit your Local Dive Shop for gear servicing, check out their sales and specials, take a class to add to your skills, plan your next diving getaway or first spring thaw dive outing. What are you doing to keep your passion for diving when you can't dive?

Actually, in the on-season I tend to over-do it a bit so on the off season I lay back and recharge.

What I do to keep my passion for diving is try to finish my year with a week in the tropics and then take a break.

In the heart of winter I only dive once every couple of weeks and I go climbing at one of those indoor climbing centres with my dive buddies instead.

R..

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom