Dry gloves?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Waitaminute... You're doing a stretch-over on si-tech cuffs? I've got si-tech too but I have been using the blue gloves on the push-in rings. I didn't think the stretch-over system would work. Tell me more! I've become adept at fitting the blue gloves so I rarely get a leak, but that's a couple minutes of fooling around I'd like to avoid if I could. Plus the dexterity isn't so good.

Just keep the ring that is fitted to the suit fitted, toss on your liners, and pull on a set of marigolds (or equivalent?). Much more dexterity than the big blue lobster gloves. Less bulk because there is no locking ring on your wrist in addition to the other ring. You can flip the gloves inside out so that they are white; this is a big plus to visibility for signals. They cost about $4 a pair, less in bulk.

Downside: they are probably less tough. But they are tough enough.

That is the setup. The gloves get pulled over the whole ring so that there are a good few inches making contact with the glove. There are several restrictions around the ring, each of which I'm sure are sufficient to provide a seal by itself.

Thanks. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom