Dry gloves with semi-dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm just unsure how these really work? If they are really dry and don't let air escape, the pressure will make them pretty uncomfortable at depth; squeeze really is quite uncomfortable making them really tight and hard to use. If they leak (as I suppose they probably do), then the air will be squeezed out and replaced by water when pressure decreases making them wet gloves. Only one way to find out I suppose. Let us know - I'm curious.

Have just got a pair of the SP easydon gloves. They are made of a stretchy rubber unlike the blue gloves. I believe that even with depth the the gloves would conform to the hand. They might fit snug due to the pressure change but the squeeze would be limited due to the material. I will try them soon and report, need some of the ice to melt as my saw is not long enough to get through it.

I think they would be fine without equalization up to about 50' or so, after that the squeeze would be uncomfortable...and beyond 80' the squeeze would be unbearable.

Perhaps Scubapro is marketing them for use with a semi-dry on shallow dives?

Not sure how you would equalize the air space in the gloves? My dry gloves become "part" of my drysuit with a small tube that I run beneath the latex seal on each wrist to the gloves to allow for equalization. It's narrow enough that if the gloves leak, it doesn't affect the drysuit much. Not sure how that would work with a wet-dry. I presume that you cannot mate the gloves to the suit so they would have to seal on the wrist?

ive dove this way many times you just make sure you "preload" the gloves with air, it only takes a few dives to figure out how much to use.............

If that is so, why is Scuba Pro selling the EasyDons as "dry gloves for wet and semi-dry suits"?

I would say the marketing dept got the last word on the blurb for these gloves. Just like the term "semi-dry", it's just a wet suit they charge you more more money for. It's still a wet suit so why don't they call it a "semi-wet"?

Just like the term "semi-dry", it's just a wet suit they charge you more more money for. It's still a wet suit so why don't they call it a "semi-wet"?

I have a semi dry suit and I don't get any water inside it. There is a difference between wet and semi dry.

Back
Top Bottom