Dry gloves with semi-dry suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

alewar

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hello,

does anyone here use dry gloves with a semi dry suit and neoprene seals?
I'm pondering about trying that out with either the Scubapro Easydon or the Nordic Blue gloves...

Any experiences with such setup?

Since I cannot regulate the amount of air in the gloves, will they be warmer than thick wet gloves?

Thanks
A.

Trying to shrink wrap your hands? Imagine you'd have a bit of squeeze.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have thought about trying the Scubapro easydon diving wet. There is always going to be the issue of possible squeeze to deal with. I was thinking that if I leave the gloves with lots of air inside before the start of the dive (still need to be able to do things with my hands) that they will conform to my hands comfortably at some depth (depends on how much air and how loose they are on the surface)they may become comfortable at 30 ft or may by 60 ft but if you go to deep your gloves will become uncomfortable ( go a little shallower and they will be OK again)

I think they will keep your hands warmer than wet gloves. Let me know if you try it and I will let you know if I do.

Not sure how you would equalize the air space in the gloves? My dry gloves become "part" of my drysuit with a small tube that I run beneath the latex seal on each wrist to the gloves to allow for equalization. It's narrow enough that if the gloves leak, it doesn't affect the drysuit much. Not sure how that would work with a wet-dry. I presume that you cannot mate the gloves to the suit so they would have to seal on the wrist?

Why would I need to equalize them? Do they become so hard that I cannot use my hands anymore?
I can place the glove's seal on top of the leaky neoprene seal of my suit to get them equalized (instead of direct on my skin), but I don't know if the gloves will stay dry that way.

Hello,

does anyone here use dry gloves with a semi dry suit and neoprene seals?
I'm pondering about trying that out with either the Scubapro Easydon or the Nordic Blue gloves...

Any experiences with such setup?

Since I cannot regulate the amount of air in the gloves, will they be warmer than thick wet gloves?

Thanks
A.

Why not semi-dry gloves with your semi-dry suit? I use XS "Dry Five" gloves with my drysuit and am very happy with both the warmth and dexterity

Why would I need to equalize them? Do they become so hard that I cannot use my hands anymore?
I can place the glove's seal on top of the leaky neoprene seal of my suit to get them equalized (instead of direct on my skin), but I don't know if the gloves will stay dry that way.

If you don't equalize the air in them yes...they will be uncomfortable to the point you won't want to try to bed your fingers.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom