Dry Glove Systems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Beth_M

Reaction score
I own a set of Diving Concepts dry glove rings. However, I'm searching for a substitute since I'm worried about the amount of stretch they put on the latex seals which reduce their longeivity. Are there any dry glove systems that allow you to maintain an inner latex seal while minimizing stress on those seals?

I'm going to have my seals replaced soon, so maybe there's something that can be permanently mounted to the suit? I've heard good things about the Viking systems, but don't know whether they're a good alternative to the DC rings. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

I own a set of Diving Concepts dry glove rings. However, I'm searching for a substitute since I'm worried about the amount of stretch they put on the latex seals which reduce their longeivity. Are there any dry glove systems that allow you to maintain an inner latex seal while minimizing stress on those seals?

I'm going to have my seals replaced soon, so maybe there's something that can be permanently mounted to the suit? I've heard good things about the Viking systems, but don't know whether they're a good alternative to the DC rings. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

You could look into DUI Zip Gloves to see if they meet your needs.

I had the SI Tech ring system and hated it. You could supposedly field replace the seals or swap out with dry gloves, but I could never get it apart.

I currently use regular dry gloves (with their own seals) for the little cold water diving I do. I think I'd rather use the ring system even if it put a little stress on the seal because the glove seals are a PITA to get on and off (I always have to get help with the second glove due to lost dexterity).

I can't comment on the Zip Gloves since I have not used them, but it is probably worth checking out.

~Jeff

Hi Ron -

I did consider that at one point, especially since they came out with the new ZipGloves-WD. But the prices were exorbitant... much more than replacing the seals and a new pair of gloves.

I have tried them all. For my money, the old style Viking system offers the best performance and fewest leaks.

I have Viking dryglove rings installed on my suit. I keep them there. I have only had them for a few months, so I do not know if it will shorted the life of the seals or not. I do like the way that they work though... I will stick with them...

Phil

Capt. Dale and Phil, are you referring to the Classic or Bayonet system? I haven't seen any documentation on how the Classic rings install so would appreciate it if you could provide a bit more detail on how they are attached to the suit and if you maintain the inner seal. Do these systems also use the Atlas gloves as a replacement? Thanks!

Beth,

You can have inner seals if you choose with the DC system. However, what I recommend is the rapid replacement cuff for your current DC rings. That way, if you want to dive wet gloves, you can install the seal directly to the ring.

I have permanently installed rings to my Diving Concept Pinnicle. If I want to dive bare handed, I just put my latex seals on my rings and I am set to go.

I've been using the SI TECH dryglove ring system for years and love it. They put very little stretch on the latex seal. They are so easy to remove and reinstall from the latex wrist seals that I do that after each dive day. It takes approximately 10 seconds to remove them- literally! Installation takes about 30 seconds.

As a result, my latex seals last a long time because there's no trapping of crud next to the latex, which I've seen happen to someone who left them attached for a year.

Also, changing the blue smurfs on the glove ring is quick: about 60 seconds each, at most. That's very handy if you get a pin-hole leak! Replacements are $6 a pair. :D

I never have any problems with SI TECH drygloves, but some people do if they don't rinse them or clean out the o-ring area.

Maybe someone local can let you borrow a set to try.

Dave C

Last edited:
My viking rings are the Bayonet rings... And yes you still maintain your Wrist seal... I am not sure how the classic rings install. You should send a PM to Bob3 as he is the Viking Expert...

Phil

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom