Dry glove repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Doof

Contributor
Reaction score
I did a quick search on this but didn't find anything.

I just got back from a rather miserable dive during which I discovered that one of my dry gloves has a small hole in the thumb. By the time I was done with the dive, I was soaked up to my elbow!

So... how do you go about repairing something like this? It's a really small hole, probably no longer than a 1/16 of an inch, and it's only down through the blue material. The inner "lining" (it's kind of like a very porous thread mesh - not the liners I use for insulation) is still intact, but obviously not water proof. :eek:ut:

Any relatively easy DIY method of repairing this? Or should I just take it up to my LDS?

Buy a pair of kitchen gloves. Cut a small piece, put some AquaSeal over the hole and put the patch over that. Let set, put a thin layer of AquaSeal over the patch.

MechDiver is right, you can patch them pretty much like an innertube. Be sure you degrease & lightly scuff the areas to be glued, it makes a whole lot of difference.
You can put patches on both the inside & outside of the glove.

Those Nordic Blues are nice & flexible, but don't hold up for squat.
Might want to think about investing in some Kevlar if you don't need the maximum dexterity all the time.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom