Dry Glove Material

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've been using the Atlas 660 PVC gloves for a lot of years (probably 20) They are cheap, and durable. The downside may be the dexterity, and when they are cold they are tough to get on. It was -2°F on my most recent dive, and the gloves aren't very pliable in those temperatures. There is a nitrile version CS720 that is supposed to be more durable and offer better dexterity, but it didn't come in a large enough size for me. I wear the 2XL 660. I use them with Si-Tec rings.

I just changed over to the 720’s, size wise they are smaller than the 620’s but seem more flexible. I need to use them a few more times in cold water to see if I like them better than the 620’s.

Definitely! SeaJay posted a chart that really helps. You can download the large file at http://www.deepsouthdivers.org/gloves.jpg
gloves.jpg

I use 2XL 720s quite often. They're stretchy.
Max - As this is my first experience with dry gloves, I'm not sure how to size them. I see you use a 2XL. My hand measures 9" across the knuckles, and then add the thickness of a liner. What is your hand size that warrants a 2XL? Thanks.

Max - As this is my first experience with dry gloves, I'm not sure how to size them. I see you use a 2XL. My hand measures 9" across the knuckles, and then add the thickness of a liner. What is your hand size that warrants a 2XL? Thanks.
I assume you meant to say around the knuckles? My hand is 9” around, prefer 2x gloves so I can fit thick liners.

Back
Top Bottom