Dry Glove Lube

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Viking/Si Tech bayonet ring system originally came w/o any lube, and they indeed said not to use any on the o-rings. Since last year though, they're including a little tube of silicone grease along with the kits & recommending to use it on the o-rings. This may be specific to their bayonet system though, as I imagine I wasn't the only one requiring assistance to unlatch the critters. The bayonet ring system is CE certified for hazmat conditions so you know they're taking care of business.
Proper care & feeding of any dryglove system is very important, no excess lube should be present & the mating surfaces need to be looked at & if needed, tended to both before & after the dive.
Just like your zippers, if properly cared for, the cuff rings will last as least as long as the suit.
As a rough rule of thumb I replace o-rings every 5 years, an old Navy habit. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom