Dry glove and Viking bayonet rings

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
So I have myself a spiffy set of smurf gloves and Viking bayonet rings (thanks Bob3!!).

I can't seem to get the gloves into the ring evenly (the amount of glove left over above the ring isn't very even).

Am I being too anal, do you cut the excess off? (I saw a note that I might have to trim the cuff on the liners).

Thanks!

I cut my smurf gloves and liners. Much easier to put on. Also be sure to clean the oring/mount often. As soon as the suit it dry I clean the mount/oring with a tooth brush and reinstall the gloves to keep the clean between uses and to protect the mounts. I also marked the suit and mounts so when I take the ring system off, it is easier to install in the same place. Good luck

My goodness, are you talking about the remaining glove above the inner ring, after you have installed the glove? No, it's never perfectly even, nor need it be; it is important to have SOME glove beyond the ring all the way around, but whether it's a 1/4" or an inch doesn't matter at all. If there is a huge amount, I trim it off. But then again, I cut three inches or so off the gloves before I install them, because I know how much I'm going to have left over.

I install the gloves to the length I want, then cut off the remainder with a razor knife. I do not leave anything sticking out of the tension ring, but instead cut it flush. Typically I also keep a spare set of gloves and liners around. Usually they wind up getting used my dive buddies.

As suggested above keeping the o-ring clean is important. I never lube mine though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom