Dry Bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

grumpymedic

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Gang,
I am going back to Coz in a couple of months and was wondering if anybody could recommend a good dry bag. My change of clothes got soaked on my last trip so I thought I might try a dry bag this trip. Thanks for any suggestions you might have.

Rex

I have a Akona that works.Good heavy duty bag. Of course the name you will pay a bit for but mine was free.

I shopped a bit for a dry bag to take on our Blackbeard's liveaboard trip. There are basically three types that I found. Very cheap disposables, reasonably priced and able to keep stuff dry on the boat and even if it fell overboard and was dunked under for a while, and then the more expensive guaranteed to be waterproof it is was going to live under water. I purchased a Seattle Sports brand that cost about $20 was the perfect size and got to pick my own color. I recommend a google search for either dry-bag or Seattle Sports. I believe that the most broad selection was found at a Kayak supply place. Good luck and have a great trip!!
Tori

My personal favourite are Ortlieb.

German bags, roll-top closure available in a range of sizes and very durable.

Dom

Voyageur makes a series of drybags that are priced reasonably and hold up well. Any canoe/kayak dealer may have them.

Rex,

Where ever you get your dry bag, I'd suggest getting one that is see-through. Having clear bag for your clothes, towel, etc. means that you don't have to dump it out or root through it to find what you need. Learned that lesson early on when we picked up some for canoeing and kayaking - have at least one bag that you can see into!

Thanks for all the help gang..I will look into all the brands that were suggested. Hope you all have a great New Years !

Rex

You may also want to check with REI they sell them as well.

leah:
Walmart sells a pretty decent dry bag for around $20
Leah -- Where did you find the WalMart bag? I checked online, missed it.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom