Dry At Depth Canister For Acr Aqualink View Plb?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice to hear, thanks for the comment @tursiops

No concerns with leaking?
Not yet. So far it has only been tested in a bathtub. This week it goes with me to the aquarium in which I volunteer. then it goes to the Philippines and Guam....

See if you can find someone with an old broken HID primary and offer them some cash for their old, broken light. Cut the cord to the light head and reuse the canister. You can probably find one for $25-$50. Much cheaper than the purpose built canisters. They open fine. If you want to be really fancy, pull the old gland out and reseal the canister where the through hole was, then you don't have any cable sticking out or anything.

@Lorenzoid is the McMurdo easy to open after a dive?

Compared with another threaded/screw-top canister, yes, it's easy to open. There are two o-rings and quite a few threads to turn, so I have confidence it is water-tight. But that comes at the cost of taking a minute or so to open.

I don't know if anyone mentioned it in this thread, but in another thread about PLB canisters someone mentioned they had Light Monkey make them a custom canister similar to the canisters for their lights. Light Monkey was apparently quite willing to do this. Any canister with latches like that is bound to be easier and quicker to open than anything with a threaded/screw-top.

I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but there is also the Custom Divers canister: Water proof PLB Canisters, Belt or Harness Mounted Canisters. People have been successful getting them to ship from the UK to US.

I don't know if it's already been mentioned, but there is also the Custom Divers canister: Water proof PLB Canisters, Belt or Harness Mounted Canisters. People have been successful getting them to ship from the UK to US.

Not sure why but the last two custom divers PLB canisters have flooded on me. I sent it back on the first occasion and they could not work out why it flooded but assured me it was a rare occurrence. And guess what, the second one flooded as well. Expensive fault, maybe its me (but I just keep them in my drysuit pocket??) as it has cost me the price of two PLB's.

I called light monkey and they sold me an empty battery canister without any holes in the the lid. Not cheap, but pretty reliable.

I have the HDV container for my ACR and it works well, after 28 dives down to 30m no water ingress. It’s a bit bulky and very buoyant but it does the job well.

Ideally I’d like a container that exactly fits the PLB but I haven’t found one yet.

ACR AquaLink View is the PLB I would most prefer to dive with; model number PLB-350C.

Just FYI, these have been recently been discontinued by the factory. The only current models they will continue with are PLB-400 and above.