Drop in filters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

FishDiver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I have read several references on the board to drop in red filters for the GoPro. I can't find any for sale. Can someone provide links and/or product names?

I have a polar flip filter on my gopro3. By the 3rd dive it cracked near the hinge then broke off 5 dives later. My gopro2 has a polor max snap on filter and have no problems with that one. I has some scuffs on the plastic but they are light and being so close to the lense has no real effect on quality
al
At least on my screen right now there are ads for a polor pro filter in the sidebar. You can do a quick search on amazon and find all kinds of lenses.

Last edited:
I have a polar flip filter on my gopro3. By the 3rd dive it cracked near the hinge then broke off 5 dives later. My gopro2 has a polor max snap on filter and have no problems with that one. I has some scuffs on the plastic but they are light and being so close to the lense has no real effect on quality
al
At least on my screen right now there are ads for a polor pro filter in the sidebar. You can do a quick search on amazon and find all kinds of lenses.
Thanks, but I asked specifically for drop in filters. I just purchased the latest GoPro3+ and none of the snap on filters fit. I checked Amazon.

Check out Eel Vision filters. I have used them in the past and they worked ok for me.
Thanks. Google give a million hits for GoPro videos and Eel River Brewing. Do you have a link?

---------- Post added March 21st, 2014 at 10:29 AM ----------

Thanks. Google give a million hits for GoPro videos and Eel River Brewing. Do you have a link?
Eelvision is one word. $15 for a small round piece of plastic. Think I'll enter the business myself!

---------- Post added March 21st, 2014 at 10:33 AM ----------

OK, is this:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BCNV9HM...UTF8&colid=1NMHN4KPVHWVK&coliid=I3SR7JPX72RJU

Any better or worse than this:
Amazon.com: GoPro HERO3 / HERO3+ Bundle - 8 Anti-Fog Inserts, Polarizer, Red, Magenta Filters by The Accessory Pro: Camera & Photo

Thanks, but I asked specifically for drop in filters. I just purchased the latest GoPro3+ and none of the snap on filters fit. I checked Amazon.

I would purchase the regular dive housing for your GoPro. It's opens up more compatibility to filters and other accessories on the market plus its a beefier housing.

SRP makes a 3+ compatible filter: BlurFix3+ 55 with CYD

Eelvision is one word. $15 for a small round piece of plastic. Think I'll enter the business myself!

Yep. Buy a 21" x 21" sheet for $7, shoot some video, show on youtube, make 300+ filters, call it the FishDiver Filter, promote it on the internet, package and sell for $15.

Only problem is people don't believe some cheap little piece of plastic that costs pennies, can work well. Even if you show them video. They buy the $80 filter, the $1000 lights, or they buy the $45 piece of plastic because it is called the Magic Filter.

+1 for SRP - the quality is fantastic.

Anyone in the UK can get them here >>> SRP

Great video here...

[video=youtube;tixh_W8uwzg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tixh_W8uwzg[/video]

I bought the three drop-in filters from The Accessory Pros ... They seem to work good but I haven't used them at any real depth. The only downside is the reddish colour to anything filmed above the surface. Can't beat the price for three filters and the anti-fog strips that's for sure.

Check out Eel Vision filters. I have used them in the past and they worked ok for me.

Second that, I use them and prefer over clip-on external filters (no bubbles, no red flaring)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom