Driving me batty.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scubakevdm

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
I've always admired fruit bats. I really think they're cool. Except for the fact that they hang upside down and poop the stinkiest poop on the planet all over themselves, I hear they make good pets. Does anyone know of a way to get around this little snag? I'd really like to have one. Nobody would kick sand on me with me if I had a fruit bat on my shoulder.

flying_fox.jpg

I'm sure your shoulders would make a comfy home.

However, the fruitbat's probably happier hanging from a tree branch in the forest.

Besides, I"d be afraid for its safety. They're a tasty little snack in many parts of the world and I'm sure there are people who'd snatch it from you.

Kev, you are one strange dude, man . . . :D

I'm going to make it a point never to trick-or-treat at your house !!!

I bet you scare the living bejeezus out of the little kids at Halloween !.

the K

ON your shoulder? Kev, they like to hang UPSIDE DOWN!!!
The little guy would be hanging from your arm pit.

The scent from that stinky poop might be masked.

Louie:
I'm sure your shoulders would make a comfy home.

However, the fruitbat's probably happier hanging from a tree branch in the forest.

Besides, I"d be afraid for its safety. They're a tasty little snack in many parts of the world and I'm sure there are people who'd snatch it from you.

Happier than on my shoulder wearing a colostomy bag? Though I cannot imagine how this could be the case, I have noticed that you have a powerful cleverness about you, and I'll take your recommendation to heart and leave the poor bats alone. I still think they're cool.

pennypue:
ON your shoulder? Kev, they like to hang UPSIDE DOWN!!!
The little guy would be hanging from your arm pit.

The scent from that stinky poop might be masked.

I would have fruity underarm dreadlock poopsicles and a dangling fruit bat? I'd be a bad dude. Yes sir, no one would push me around anymore.

dpbishop:
Here is a link to some information on Egyption Fruit Bats as pets. I also found a recipie for Fruit Bat Soup if the pet thing doesn't work out.

http://www.paw-talk.net/forums/archive/index.php/t-6942.html
Hey thanks man! Very cool. I was thinking about something more along the lines of a flying fox though. I thought they were a kind of fruit bat. They're big.

I always thought they were great looking animals, but I look at those looong thiiin bones in the wings and just sadly know if I had a pet fruit bat I'd somehow break it. :nurse:

Snag could be easily handled with a t-shirt that says: "Excuse Me"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom