Driver for SSC P7 LEDs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So far about 10 dives on it, deepest one to 175ft, still bone-dry.

Attachments

• divelight 001.jpg
    divelight 001.jpg
    399.4 KB · Views: 302
  • divelight 003.jpg
    divelight 003.jpg
    401.6 KB · Views: 253
It looks great. What is the canister? Did it start out as a diver's canister, or did you adapt something for that use?

Diving Cree SSC-P7-C-SXO 3-Mode 900-Lumen LED Flashlight Kit
Brand: Diving
Model: -
Emitter Brand/Type: Cree
Emitter BIN: SSC-P7-C-SXO
Color BIN: White

both marked don't go together - SSC P7 mean Seul SemiConductors and it is big competition of Cree :)))

Emitter BIN: SSC-P7-C-SXO

if this light my provide top 700 lm not 900 like they say because of binning LED SSC-P7-C-SXO .....C bin go to 700lm max . to the 900lm go D bin and up to 1100lm go U-bin for final sum add 96% max efficiency of the reflector

Last edited:
There are at least 2 versions of this light. One using a Cree MC-E and another using a SSC P7.

From what I understand the driver does not put out 2.8 amps of current so the light will be under driven.
If you wanted to convert it to a can light here is waht I would do.

1.Remove barrel section ( it looks like tail cap may thread direct into head.
2. Change driver.
3. Put gland in tail cap and build a cannister that allows you to disconnect the battery as the light head switch will not reliably turn off. ( dont want it turning on by accident)

Improvements.
1. change the LED for a better Bin
2. Use a Maglite based light head instead. Its cheaper and better IMHO.

I wasn't aware that they didn't change the driver from the MC-E version. I think alot of the specifics contradict themselves because the P7 is a new version and it looks like they copied most of the MC-E page. If I could get an actual 500-600 Lumens I think I would be happy with it.

I just got the light in today. It does appear under driven so I'll be ordering a new one of those.
It doesn't have a very tight hotspot either. Can anyone help explain how to fix this?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom