DRIS Freebies - Ideas needed

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm with Mike on this one. Swag simply is not enough to tip a scale, however, fast, free shipping can many times seal the deal.

For substantial orders, say $5000+, how about throwing in a Sherpa. All this gear gets heavy.

---------- Post added May 21st, 2012 at 01:02 PM ----------

I'm with Mike on this one. Swag simply is not enough to tip a scale, however, fast, free shipping can many times seal the deal.

Absolutely! Shipping costs will often stop me from purchasing from certain sites. Meanwhile, I find my self buying more in order to reach a minimum purchase level to receive free shipping.

I free t shirt goes a long way with me, especially if I can choose my size :)

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

I actually bought the t-shirt expecting it to be grey but it actually reg. Red and Black.... makes me think... maybe you could partner with some of your vendors (cough Hog cough ) and get a DRIS / Hog (cough) shirt.

I Agree with some of the other posters safety equipment like mirrors, whistles, cutter etc are great! Maybe not the most visible (no pun intended) advertising, but you are contributing to safer diving.

Other ideas of mine would be: branded wet notes cover, one of those small tubes to hang around your neck to keep keys, money etc dry, mask straps, spare orings,

T-shirt
small dryboxes (like what wal-mart has)
silicone container (branded)
branded chamois
beach towel (branded)
license plate (branded) two sided, nitrox/air
flip-flops (branded)
hat (with can opener)
boonie hat

I have to agree with other posters, T-shirts are the best Swag and they go a long way for advertising. A quality t-shirt is the gift that just keeps on giving for both the consumer and DRIS. It will be worn for many years and advertising directly to your market. Grey ones last much longer than most other colors because they hide the stains best!

So I have a couple questions and need some feedback from all of you. We have Freebies setup that we give away when people order products from us. We typically buy a few hundred of X product, and when it runs out, we get something different.

Right now, we have Whistles and Waterbottles:
Free Stuff - Dive Right In Scuba - Plainfield, IL

Yes, it is Shwaag. :D

I am wondering if people even like or use this stuff? I just don't want to waste money on things people just get for free, then throw away.

Any feedback on the Current Freebies? Did you get one? Are you using it? Waste of money?

Any ideas for other Freebies?

Thanks in advance :)

The whistles (I got two) went to my wife and stepdaughter for their keys. I already have whistles for diving. I like the free mat and use that one. T-shirts would be nice, but I'm afraid it would be so cheap as to be worthless.

skip

I got a water bottle with my order, haven't used it, but I figured having something free would be cool :)

It would be cool to have DRIS bumper stickers or DRIS hats or keychains or something.

You guys do a great job and are spoken of very highly on SB. Freebie idea; silicon iPhone protector, in dive flag colors with DRIS info. With some investigating I hope they would be cheap enough for a freebie........

Back
Top Bottom