DRIS 1000 wt as carry on?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Drewpy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
This thing is heavy and would like to take it in my carry on. Anyone have any issues with this?

I have taken my cannister light as a CO but that does not look like a billy club?

Many thanks!

Never had a problem with mine on 3 trips last year. I always put all my lights in a carry-on.

I bolted my backplate to a backpack and left my backup lights in their normal spots on the harness. They never said a word about them. I did remove some of my major electronic devices from my backpack for TSA IE: can light, Nautilus, wrist computer.

Reactions: Jax
I am confused. Isn't a canister light much heavier and bulkier than DRIS1000? If you can CO canister, I dont why DRIS is an issue

My concern was it resembles a small heavy billy club (7 in. long) and could be used as a weapon...my salvo can light, not so much..but they do want to inspect it.

I carried mine at least a dozen times this year on various US routes. As with all scuba stuff, occasionally I get the extra check if the operator cannot determine what I am carrying. (Typically I have 2 lights including the DRIS1000, 2 dive computers, compass, camera, laptop, etc... in my CO).

I think just let them inspect it. I don't see a reason why they will reject a flash light. I have done with a couple of times, never even got inpected.

Thanks folks! Would just hate to have them get a new "toy"!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom