Drill valve problem

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

having problems with ordinary set up
So quick tips.
first of all - trim. Horizontal position is the key. If you have the position of a sea horse you will not be able to reach valves.

Second thing - always keep your head up

Third - make sure your elbows are really close to your head and parallel to it. If you put elbows even a bit aside - you will not be able to reach velves.

Wish you the success

Well I don't dive back mounted doubles (so why the h--- am I replying to a question about back mounted doubles in the SM forum? :no:), but when I started working on valve access for my single I found the following trick incredibly useful. If it helps you, great.

What I did was, I always left the valve closed when I put the tank on my back and then reached back and opened it with my hand. At first it was excruciatingly hard and I had to lift the tank with my other hand, but with every dive it got easier. Then one day I forgot to open the valve, stepped to the rail, took a breath to check the pressure and when I realized it was off I opened it without even thinking about it. The difficulty had gone.

I still do it that way, and maybe that might help you. Just get in the habit of always opening your valves with the tanks on your back and it will soon be second nature. Why only practice under water?

For some time I try to practice the valve drill without success. I tried to raise the tanks still no luck. Probably due to age and back problems I cann't bend my armes too much. Is there a solution?

Go sidemount then your valves will be easy to reach.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom