Dreams influenced by SCUBA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My dreams of scuba are few and far between usually Im off gasing from all the negativity I encounter at work when I sleep LOL.

But to put it in a similiar perspective I do love diving the local lakes and swimming over a 100 year old tree from time to time that was flooded by the lake and just imagine that one time it was gleaming with wildlife or the air and land kind. The occasional pass on an old flooded house and just a gentle glide and view of the home only a bird once would enjoy is also an amazing feature. One thing I do on land though is go up on 10 to 13 foot tall buildings and look down (Being afraid of heights of course) and think to myself this is how far my feet are off the ground with nothing but space between me and the bottom of the lake when I dive :)

Diving is an awesome adventure and one that puts you in a perspective that literaly no other sport in the world can compare too. I hear skydiving is close only once you jump from the plane you can no longer ascend until you get in another plane :( Diving on the other hand your free to ascend and descend on command with absolutely no effort at all!

I dream a lot about being in the water but mine are just swimming through the kelp forest with nothing unusual happening except that I might go a lot deeper than is possible but everything is still in color.
I do have the flying dream sometimes but I had those even before I learned to dive.

sounds like a lot of you have these “wet” dreams. :eyebrow:

sounds like a lot of you have these “wet” dreams. :eyebrow:

HAHAA good one..

but seriously i have dreams of doing deep dives in odd places n my buddies are always blowing their deco...i also have dreams of rising un controllably... guess those are nightmares?

I've had dreams of scubaboard except my computer had a touch screen instead of my usual mouse.

My interpretation is that I need to get out and dive more or get a better imagination.

So no one else hovers and floats above treetops by inhaling in their dreams? Am I the only one?

Maybe PADI can offer a cert for this. :popcorn:

Good stuff y'all!

Used to have those kinds before I got certed. Would dream of walking along the sidewalk with the hell spawn demon I was married to at the time and all of sudden I'd just take a little hop and sail off into the blue:cool2:! Bounce off of the tops of buildings and trees like in Crouching Tiger:crafty:. My minds way of dealing with the biatch until I actually did walk out. Left the terror and the dreams went away. I do have some dive dreams now but they are mostly about surfacing and seeing my late wife sitting there like she always was. Those are nice and not so nice at the same time:depressed:. Sorry it was 4 months yesterday since she passed.

Once at work during lunch, I started napping. The guys woke me up by pulling on my boots. I woke fighting them because I was out of air and they were keeping me from surfacing.

I've had dreams of scubaboard except my computer had a touch screen instead of my usual mouse.

My interpretation is that I need to get out and dive more or get a better imagination.

Do you punch it or slap it or slap yourself. First Scubaboard dream today. Time to stay awayke.

I've been diving nearly 50 years and I haven't seen any difference in my dreams that I can remember! Of course I'm such a solid sleeper, I rarely remember my dreams when I wake up. The ones I do almost always involve one of two activities: FLYING (me?) like Superman or making love to a beautiful woman (me?).

Greetings Blazinator I have had some incredible dream dives that were so vivid that I woke up swimming! I am not joking, but I have always had a intense dream life that I will not even attempt to describe.

The major difference post certification is that my scuba dreams are very peaceful and very much the non-tramatic version. I had one sobering dream pre- intro. to cave that was about being entangled and running out of air in the dark. It was one of the most intense uncomfortable dreams I have had in years that when I woke could not go back to sleep till I talked with the Captain, Morgan that is!

I have had no more of those and the cave training was a blast. My lights out / air share drill was one of the most relaxing dives of the training. The no mask / air share line drill was quite the same. I find myself dreaming of following the gold line out in the dark and I am totally relaxed and so at peace it blows my mind! I have found that when my job is very stressful I have this dream. I think it is my subconscious relaxing me to charge the batteries for another day.

Good luck and interesting thread, I am ready to have some dives in reality now!
CamG Keep diving....Keep training....Keep learning!

Back
Top Bottom