Dream Dive Travel... Complete Your "Bucket List"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

3. Dive somewhere in Pacific again, probably the Kona Aggressor
robin:D

If you dive in the Pacific, why would you choose Kona other than it is in the US? The diving is good there, especially the night dive with the Mantas but I've been to other places in the Pacific where diving is really fantastic, how about Australia or Micronesia or Indonesia where the diving is the about the best it can be.

It is ironic that diving (which is an expensive sport) has so many great places to go which are actually really cheap (Egypt, Phillipines, Thailand, Honduras). I have to say, I am impressed that you found somewhere to stay for $25 a night in Hong Kong. It is one of my favourite cities, but I don't normally think of it as offering cheap accommodatin...

It was one of the few places I booked in advance to make sure I got a reasonably priced place to stay. The room was slightly bigger than the twin bed, but it had a TV. The bath was shared, but no big deal.

Dr. Bill, how many dives did you do? -matt

Dr B, you have to the person on Scubaboard I would most like to meet in real life. Diving for a living, and not afraid to backpack like a teenager at any age, and one of the few people who talk sense in The Pub.

If you are ever passing down this way, you have a free place to stay in the BVI...

If you dive in the Pacific, why would you choose Kona other than it is in the US? The diving is good there, especially the night dive with the Mantas but I've been to other places in the Pacific where diving is really fantastic, how about Australia or Micronesia or Indonesia where the diving is the about the best it can be.

yes and no. We have done Palau already on a liveaboard and looking at travel times, and the fact we like liveaboards, doing 4-5 dives per day, total trip prices, topside activities, KA will probably be a better fit. :D My life currently does not work for long trips, and don't have the budget either.

yes and no. We have done Palau already on a liveaboard and looking at travel times, and the fact we like liveaboards, doing 4-5 dives per day, total trip prices, topside activities, KA will probably be a better fit. :D My life currently does not work for long trips, and don't have the budget either.

I can relate to that answer, the part that says "and don't have the budget either", my pay has been slashed and it may take several years to recover.

I can relate to that answer, the part that says "and don't have the budget either", my pay has been slashed and it may take several years to recover.

all the more reason we have decided that diving WWII wrecks in NC is better for us than diving WWWII wrecks in Truk. We can do NC for 1/3 of the price.. and still get to dive a variety of wreck types, German u-boats, and tons of healthy fishlife and tons of sharks. What more do you need? :D

Dr B, you have to the person on Scubaboard I would most like to meet in real life. Diving for a living, and not afraid to backpack like a teenager at any age, and one of the few people who talk sense in The Pub.

If you are ever passing down this way, you have a free place to stay in the BVI...

Golly, blush, blush. If we actually met, you might be disappointed. I'm just a dive bum who barely scrapes by! Just ask the people who really know me (on second thought, don't!). Of course if I get to the BVI, I'd love to take you up on the offer! Thanks.

It's not a matter of not being afraid to backpack, it's a matter of not having enough $$$ for a hotel! Of course even if I did, I'd still backpack and stay in hostels... much more fun.

I didn't know anyone talked sense in "The Pub," including me!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom