Dream dive survey

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow! That Eastern fields dive looks like my NEW dream dive destination.
I was dreaming about that whale shark/manta dive off Utila. Then there's the Red Sea, Truk and all those on the other side.

fishoutawater:
Wow! That Eastern fields dive looks like my NEW dream dive destination.
I was dreaming about that whale shark/manta dive off Utila. Then there's the Red Sea, Truk and all those on the other side.

The Utila shark dive is worth doing --try Laguna Beach Resort -- and I've done PNG (met CPDiver there, of all things).

I'm less inclined to do the Red Sea and Indonesia and this point in history, but Scapa Flow has a certain attraction!

Coral sea off Australia, when I was living there I had a friend who worked on a liveaboard (which is a great deal if you can get it) he said vis was often over 100feet and was so clear at times some people got vertigo because you could see straight to the bottom with no discoloration

Australia, Malta, Guam, Cozmel, Bonair. If it were allowed off Normandy. Empress of Ireland in Rimoski Quebec, Newfoundland around the Ice Burgs. <Already did the wrecks>

Solomon islands has been the best for me so far with Palau a close 2nd. Indonesia, Galapagos, Costa Rica, Cayman Isl., Pemba Island in Indian ocean all are good. Next on the list are the Marshall Islands, Mozambique, Maldives, ???? Need time & more $$

SteveFass:
If time and money were really no object...going home from work yesterday I was thinking it'd be pretty cool to flood my line on the NYC subway and dive home.

That's hilarious. :) Don't forget to slip your Metrocard into your BCD. Local or express? And watch out for the indigenous 'marine' life! :wink:

To be efficient: Work my way west from Hawaii across the Pacific to PNG, then east and north across Indonesia, ending in the Andaman Islands; cut south to Ningaloo in NW Australia for the whale sharks; end with the GBR.

That's more than a couple of months though. :)

I am going to step out to the nearest shop to buy a lottery ticket now...

And after the numbers are announced on Wednesday

In no particular order:

Moorea (lots of sharks) with a sidetrip to Bora Bora for R&R
Bikini/Saratoga wreck
Southern Red Sea - off Sudan or Eritrea (the not-so-overdived bits)
Eastern PNG combined with a cayak trip down the Sepik River
Chuuk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom