Drain holes in Turtles?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jeckyll

Contributor
Reaction score
I just started diving in Turtles and notices that they didn't have any drain holes in them. Just curious if anyone knows of a reason for this?

Otherwise I'll probably drill a couple of holes into them soon, but I wanted to see if perhaps that would cause cracks in the rubber?

:)

Thanks in advance

Bjorn

Let me know how it goes. If you don't screw yours up I'll try drilling a hole as well.

David

P.S.
I wish I wasn't busy tomorrow night, I'd love to dive Kelvin's Grove.

jeckyll:
I just started diving in Turtles and notices that they didn't have any drain holes in them. Just curious if anyone knows of a reason for this?

Otherwise I'll probably drill a couple of holes into them soon, but I wanted to see if perhaps that would cause cracks in the rubber?

:)

Thanks in advance

Bjorn

Cripes just turn them upside down and the water runs out !!!

there is, but you have to lift the tail to see them......

oh THOSE turtles....

never mind.

Uncle Pug:
Why ruin your rinse buckets by drilling holes in them? They carry just the right amount of water to rinse the sand off of your boots.

I'll defer to the wise camel :wink:

I was just going to ask, "Where's Walter?" He's usually all over this one...

:D

He's the reason I never drilled mines.

---
Ken

jeckyll:
Bjorn

May turtles have two 3/8 inch holes each and the fin tips are bright yellow. A drill and spray paint greatly improved the fins.

Why? I dive at the beach and if the surf permits, I like to take my fins off while still in the water and cary them out by the straps. I just got tierd of them being heavier than they need to be. The yellow paint helps my buddy in low viz (I tend to dive with new buddies a lot

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom