DR wing and single tank

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a DR rec wing w/ SS back plate, I tried it as is and didn't like it. I also bolted the wing and back plate together, found out that tank gets scraped up by the head of the bolts. So I ended up getting STA and have been diving with it for over a year and it works great.

CompuDude:
Does FredT have a website?

Most people just say PM him.

Bismark:
I just set up a new DR BP/W for a single tank and I am wondering if you are supposed to use nut/bolts or bookscrews to hold the wing to the plate. The cylinder straps go through both the wing and the plate but when I have the bolts through the wing and plate, the tank seems to be able to pivot on the two highest points.. the bolt heads. These are the DR "sexbolts" with a pretty low profile. I know the BPW probably doesn't need them to hold the tank in place, but it keeps the wing attached to the plate when the tank isn't on. Any thoughts?

are you using SS "sexbolts" or plastic? cause ive bolted my oxycheq wing to my DR backplate using plastic "sexbolts" and theres no wobble at all and the plastic bolts dont mar the paint on the tanks either.

My rec wing/SS plate/single PST E7-100 worked better with the sex bolts. Went to long bolts and butterfly nuts when I doubled them.

I don't know as I would trust plastic sex bolts but that's just my thought.

Since this is the DIR forum, I assume you are interested in DIR. In that case, you may need to perform a few modifications to your Dive Rite wing to make it DIR compliant. The pull dump (on the corrugated hose) needs to be changed out to a plain elbow and the plastic ball doodad on the rear dump string needs to go.

Enjoy your new toys!

I pm'd fredt and he sent me his list of goodies. Off to Belized this morning but will bet some more goodies from him when I get back. Jason, fixes already done. Thanks for the comments everyone.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom