Dr. Samuel Miller, III

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This was Sam back in 1970, as a member of the training staff for Los Angeles County 19 UICC in his "ice cream man" jacket.
UICC Photos SamMiller1970.jpg

I wanted to know what the L.A. County lifeguard fitness test was in the '60s and '70s today, and opened my laptop to ask Sam... then remembered I can't.

Sorry to hear this. We met in the mid 2000’s at Portage quarry vintage weekend and shared stories f the early scuba years. RIP Sam, it was an honor to know you.

I honestly need that information about L.A. lifeguard training evolution for something I'm working on, and Google cannot deliver. The only other person I know who might be able to help me is Chris Brewster at USLA. The best way to describe Sam just hit me this morning.

Sam was like the Herodotus of diving.

What a pity... bought a lot of books from his collection decades ago. Great fellow. Passionate about everything underwater. Surely will be missed.

I wonder what percentage of our members have ever seen a California spiny lobster this big let alone bagged one?
I've had the pleasure of seeing and catching a bug about that big. That's a two-hand operation. Looks like a Sea Hunt underwater battle for about five seconds.

Back
Top Bottom