DR JR wing vs Explorer 40lb.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Lori

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
My memory is failing. The JR wing is comparable to the newer Trek wing, is it not? I've been diving the JR wing with my Faber 95's for a few years now and need to replace them. They keep popping up with little pin prick holes that are most annoying. I've patched all I'm going to patch.

Anyway, I am at a different shop now than when I got the DR wings and my current shop offers Halcyon at a friendly instructor price. Soooo.....I am comparing and thinking that the DiveRite JR wing is comparable to the Halcyon 40lb Explorer wing? :confused:

Do you all concur? Please give me some input. (diving dry)

I'm beginning to think nobody likes me since I haven't gotten any responses to my question. ;-0

You mention that your diving with steel 95's. I think that Halcyon recommends the Explorer 55 for double steels.

If your diving singles, then I believe that the Pioneer 36 is the recommended wing for single steels.

I use both wings. Love 'em.

with steel 95s the 55 Explorer is a better choice, 40 is marginal but since you're diving dry, adaquate.

Tom

All I can say is look at the construction of the Halcyon the explorer bladder looks as strong as the shells on some other BC's I have seen.

I'll chime in with the rest. 55lb Explorer for doubles.

36 lb Pioneer for singles. You can get away with a 27lb, but for me the 36lb gives better trim characteristics due to the bellows near the bottom.

Back
Top Bottom