DPV Construction

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MD,

Nemrod is correct. Compressed air would be a very inefficient power supply. Think about the tyical air compressor in your garage and impact wrech.........two tires and it has to run to make up the lost psi.

I think the industry is in agreement, DC is the best power source with the improvement in battery technologies. The power density in a 12V 55AH will give you 45 minutes run time for about 39#. Motor tech has come along way also. For example all mechanical and steam items on ships are transitioning to electric due to logistics and other reasons.

My plans are to copy existing designs but do it for much less.

Lar

The more I see these DPV threads the more I want a pair of Jetboots.. check out the www site at jetboots.com and watch that video.

It should come with a cape, I tell ya!

Of course, it is also the most expensive one out there, but LIGHT (23# total).

I was thinking about building my own dpv, maybe using a clear lexan tube, pre-formed 1/2 inch thick with a sealed dome on one side......

D.

Back
Top Bottom