Downloading DC 2000 photos to a computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Steve_C

Contributor
Rest in Peace
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Just upgraded from a DC 1200 to a DC 2000. Still sorting things out. Lots o nice new features. Do I understand things correctly that there are wireless options to my phone or my ipad but NOT to a computer which is where I eventually want them. Is the only option for downloading to my MacBook Pro still only using the USB cable?

Actually I think connecting via bluetooth/ wireless via the phone app is messy and not 100% consistent.
Frankly I would be frustrated if using this method for my desktop.
I either connect a USB cable or pop out the SD card and use my reader.

I know you can download them directly to your mac book via bluetooth, as I have seen others do it. For whatever reason, I just download mine physically via USB.

I know you can download them directly to your mac book via bluetooth, as I have seen others do it. For whatever reason, I just download mine physically via USB.

Thanks. I may play around a bit and see what I can do. USB is probably what I will do mostly.

The wireless phone app Link123 is really terrible. It selects all photos to download then tells you too many a selected. You have to deselect one by one.

Usually I just want to select one or two to put on my phone, but it is really time consuming and I often give up in frustration.

Popping the microSD card out of the phone and putting into the reader on the PC for import with Lightroom is Much easier and faster

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom