Downloading Cochran Dives on your Android Phone or Tablet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jvanostrand

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've succeeded in getting Subsurface to download dives from my EMC-20H using my Android phone. It requires a typical OTG cable and the standard Cochran USB data cable. Now I can download dives and inspect profiles while still on the dive boat. To make things easier I've ordered an adapter to replace the 6 foot cable that Cochran supplies, that and my 4 inch OTG cable should make it easily portable.

This is an early announcement since the feature won't be available to the general public until a public release of Subsurface for Android. It also hasn't been tested on other android versions or devices so it's going to be a "beta" feature until more users give it a try.

Subsurface can be found at ((http://Subsurface-divelog.org). I was using my Blackberry DTEK50 for testing.

Interesting. For the last year or so, I've just exported a DAN file from Cochran's software, and imported it into Subsurface. Steps, but not too bad... this is PC (Win) platform. My android phone is too old to do much of anything.

The current release of Subsurface should already support new-ish Commanders (post 21000 serial number) and EMC models. That means you can probably omit the DAN file step. The next public release should include support for pre-21000 serial number computers as well as really old commanders (the one with Commander TM on the case.)

NON-Serviceable Cochran Dive Computers
NEMISIS, NEMISIS PRO, NEMISIS NITROX
NEMISIS II, NEMISIs II NITROX
NEMISIS IIA, NEMISI IIA NITROX
NEMISIS + (Plus)
GEMINI + (Plus)
CAPTAIN

COCHRAN PRO
COMMANDER (Gray Case)
COMMANDER (Commander on case & Bezel Label)
COMMANDER + (Plus)
COMMANDER NITROX
COMMANDER (Cochran on Case & Commander on Bezel Label)

AQUANOX

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom