Question Which software to download my dives on my desktop ?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JMBL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hi folks !

For years, I've used 'MacDive', first with my DR Nitek Trio, then with my SW Petrel. I was utterly satisfied with it, especially because it allowed me to log the gear used on each dive. Alas, after more than 2 decades, I was no longer satisfied with what Macs were becoming, so I moved to Linux Mint.

Gave Subsurface a try and found it horrible and utterly inconvenient. No bashing here, just stating it wasn't the right software for me.

Tried SW Cloud on my tablet and other Android apps, and still wasn't satisfied. Again, no bashing, see above.

So, I'm still looking for the right software. Which is your favourite software ? I'm looking for something on Linux or Win, easy to use with my Petrel, allowing to detail each dive, and login equipment as well would be a big plus, but I fear MacDive is the only one to care for that...

A unified and robust solution for dive logging software​

Thank you, but seriously ? I've already stated I'm utterly disappointed with Subsurface, whatever OS I use it on...

Thank you, but seriously ? I've already stated I'm utterly disappointed with Subsurface, whatever OS I use it on...
I loathe the Subsurface UI.

99% of my Subsurface use is through the PC/Windows platform. I find it more than useful and user friendly.

Take a look here. I created very long list with such software :wink:

You can always use wine (if compatible) or run a VM (like oracle, very beginner friendly) if you find a particularly useful windows-only software. This is what I do for the programs I have yet to find an equal replacement to, like Adobe Lightroom for my photography (not a fan of the browser version).

I loathe the Subsurface UI.
Same here ! (except maybe for the planning one which I find quite convenient)

out of curiosity though, I have yet to come across a logging software that has a good UI, what are the one you guys would classify as "better than the other" ?

Back
Top Bottom