Down130 3mm full suit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dogenia

Contributor
Reaction score
Curacao, Netherlands Antilles, Dutch Caribbean
# of dives
50 - 99
Well today I got a slip in the mail from the local postoffice that I had a package waiting for me for pickup from Mikescuba (down130.com - Home).

So I rush over and here comes this brown box from the back as my eyes glisten with anticipation.

Well as I drop the box in the trunk of course I can't resist the temptation so I rip the tape and for the first time I see the down130 wetsuit. First thing you notice is the red stitching. Of course in the middle of the street is not really a good place to try out a wetsuit so I merrily drive home and kinda forgot about the box in the trunk because of everything else that was going on until about 7 pm.

Out comes the box and after unpacking the first thing I noticed was the high quality zipper in the back of the suit and the knee pads (should come in handy while taking pics down below).
So now comes time to try it out, big guy here so that’s usually a challenge with new wetsuits, but low and behold the material stretches out nicely and I managed to get into the XXL without major issues. In fact even the zipper pulled closed smoothly. I’m happy to report no busted seems or busted zipper after removing it, so so far so good.

I wont be getting it wet officially in the ocean until tomorrow, however I did decide to give it a rinse in some JAWS just to make sure I remove any residue before I put it on and let it dry overnite. Happy to report it looks just as new this am as it did last nite before the rinse.

I’ll keep everyone posted on the experiences after actual use once I get it into the wet but so far I must say I’m pretty impressed.

Don

Sorry it took this long but here goes the second part of the review.

Up untill this point I have diven the suit about three or four times anywher from 50 to 100 feet.
As far as I'm concerned I'm not cold in the water anymore compared to when I was using my shortie.
What I personally like the most is the fact that the material is very stretchy and conforms to my body and is still a decent fit after being zipped up.

So as far as I'm concerned diving in 27C waters, this is quite the suit for me.

Don

Back
Top Bottom