Down deep...things to remember

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well said, Quo Vadis.

D.S.D.

QuoVadis:
Just don't penalize a diver who actually may need it for an EMERGENCY.
What emergency would that be?

BTW... part of my planning is not to take folks who have those kinds of emergencies out on my boat in the first place.

DeepSeaDan:
if your plan goes for a crap because that substance can infect the best laid plans of the best of us, well then a hang bottle might just prove useful.
Can you identify some of the *crap* will infect your best laid plans? Hypothesize.

Uncle Pug:
What emergency would that be?

BTW... part of my planning is not to take folks who have those kinds of emergencies out on my boat in the first place.

Now I know you must be joking. Please re-read what you just posted...you may have typed the wrong keys or something. Yes, that MUST be it.

QuoVadis:
Now I know you must be joking. Please re-read what you just posted...you may have typed the wrong keys or something. Yes, that MUST be it.

As a fellow boat owner, I know exactly what Uncle Pug means. I'm selective about who
gets on my boat, and I keep the dives conservative until I know their skills. You develop
a knack for figuring who not to invite. And if they do screw up, they don't get invited back.

There's no hang tank. There's no room for a hang tank on my boat. Bob Halstead who
used to run Telita in PNG said "If you're so incompetent that you need a buddy, I don't
want you on my boat." I'll morph that to "If you're so incompetent that you need a hang
tank, you aren't getting on my boat."

I have a spare tire with my car. It doesnt mean I go looking for nails.

Uncle Pug:
Can you identify some of the *crap* will infect your best laid plans? Hypothesize.

...you know that "poop happens" ( there's T-shirts to prove it! ) - anywhere, anytime - often when you least expect it.

Your attitude is not unlike your average municipal government, who'll wait till there's a nasty fatality at an intersection ( that everyone knows should have had traffic lights long ago ), before they decide to act.

Hypothetically speaking - think of any situation where a dive team's normal ascent from bottom might be delayed: equipment problems / traumatic injury / physiological ailment / psychological meltdown / entrapment etc., etc. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean you're immune.

For all it takes to hang a "hang" - it's a little extra insurance for those nasty possibilities that might affect - yes, even you, an otherwise peachy kinda day.

Regards,
D.S.D.

Chuck Tribolet:
As a fellow boat owner, I know exactly what Uncle Pug means. I'm selective about who
gets on my boat, and I keep the dives conservative until I know their skills. You develop
a knack for figuring who not to invite. And if they do screw up, they don't get invited back.

There's no hang tank. There's no room for a hang tank on my boat. Bob Halstead who
used to run Telita in PNG said "If you're so incompetent that you need a buddy, I don't
want you on my boat." I'll morph that to "If you're so incompetent that you need a hang
tank, you aren't getting on my boat."

That's cool and well within your right. I have never been on a dive with a hang tank but that is not the point. To NOT use one because "folks don't have those kinds of emergencies on my boat" as the pugster said is insane! The most ignorant comment yet on the board and I have read many!

Back
Top Bottom